In order to take a DPS Road Test you must be 16 years of age or older. You must have a Valid Texas Lerner or Temporary Permit in order to take a DPS Road Test. DPS Road Test can be scheduled on Monday thru Thursday and Saturday thru Sunday. Front Office is open Monday thru Saturday 9am to 5pm and Sunday 11am to 3pm. Please call the office to schedule an appointment for an Adult Private Driving Lesson per one hour.
Take your road test through HEB Driving School, a DPS-authorized third party testing location. The location of the Road test 505 N.Industrial Blvd., suite 500, Bedford, TX 76021. Please call 817-786-8043 if you have any questions.
HEBDS Third-Party Skills Testing (TPST) program was implemented on September 1, 2014, authorizing Commercial Driver Education schools that meet requirements set by the Department to administer the driving skills examination.
HEB Driving School is an approved Third-Party Skills Testing school and may administer the driving skills examination to those who meet the criteria.
Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time. Please have the information listed below at the time of your DPS Road Test:
If you are 16 years of age or older:
- Must have a legal guardian present at the time of the test
- Possess a valid DE-964, PT certificate showing you have completed a Minors Driver Education Course
- Have a valid Texas learner license for a minimum of six months
- A certificate from the DPS Impact Texas Teen Drivers (ITTD) video and receive a certificate dated within 90 days of the skills examination. You can find more information on the ITTD program here.
If you are 18-24 years of age:
- Possess a valid DE-964 or ADE-1317 showing completion of a Driver Education Course
- Have a valid restricted Texas driver license. The License can not be expired.
- A certificate from the DPS Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) video and receive a certificate dated within 90 days of the skills examination. You can find more information on the ITYD program here.
If you are 25 years of age or older:
- A valid Texas Learners Driver License
- A certificate from the DPS Impact Texas Adult Drivers (ITYD) video and receive a certificate dated within 90 days of the skills examination. Please note: While the DPS Impact Texas Adult Drivers is still in development, you can take the Impact Texas Young Drivers program in its place. You can find more information on the ITYD program here.
If you are older than 25 and are applying for a Texas driver's license for the first time, you are not required to have completed driver education, however, it is highly recommended.
The DPS-approved Road Test fee is $75.00. All testing clients are welcome to reserve in advance the use of an Driving School vehicle for their road tests, for an additional fee of $50.00. If possible, please contact us ahead of your scheduled road test, in order to confirm the availability of a road test vehicle. If you decide to use your personal vehicle for the road test, this vehicle must have a current inspection/registration sticker, front and rear license plates, and a paper copy of proof of vehicle liability insurance.
To Selection one of the items below go to Other Resources on the main page of HEBDS web site.
- "How to Prepare for a Drive Test"
- "Sample Road Test Route 1"
- "Sample Road Test Route 2